Recently, I had a total lapse of judgement and joined my gym’s “90 day Fitness Challenge”(for the full story click here). After the humiliation of the public weigh in, I decided that I was going to make this Challenge my bitch. Part of “making this challenge my bitch” is going to the gym almost every single day. Let me make one thing clear, I am NOT one of those gym bunnies who looks forward to going to the gym. In order to convince my lazy ass to roll out of bed and go to the gym I had to compile a list of reasons I should go.
Top 9 Reasons Moms With Toddlers Should Go To The Gym
1) You finally have a completely legitimate reason to wear yoga pants ALL day without being judged!
2) You will be able to listen to songs that do not mention animals, number and/or colors.
3) Nothing hides unstyled/unwashed hair quite like a good sweat.
4) You will be in a place where(hopefully) no one will ask you to cook, clean or look at their boogers or “smell this”.
5) You won’t need to question whether or not you should have a glass of wine with dinner because since you worked out, you totally “earned” it.
6) An hour to yourself in a kid free zone? Yes please!
7) Spandex outfits, bodybuilders on steroids and obnoxiously perky group fitness trainers…you can’t find a better people watching at a carnival freak show!
8) Endorphins. They make you feel happy drunk, but without the hangover.
9) “Workout Mommy” is a better role model than “Bravo Tv Watching Mommy”.