Stumbling around. Acting inappropriately in public places. Laughing hysterically at a blank wall. Behaviors of a person after one too many Happy Hour Margaritas or just your common every day toddler?
1) They have no inhibitions. Look for signs like: Dancing like a fool in the middle of a restaurant, eating food off the floor and licking the dog’s nose.
2) They are overly friendly or rude to strangers. You might notice your little one is awfully friendly to the the woman standing in front of you at the grocery store. Smiling, giggling and chatting them up. On the flip side, you may have an angry drunk on your hands. These kids may scream when someone tries to get near them, refuse to speak to people or may even in some extreme conditions throw things at the poor old man who was admiring their blankie.
3) They have little or no control over their bladders and may wet their pants. Often. In extreme cases they may even wet the bed.
4) They will pass out anywhere. In the car, on the floor, in a shopping cart., park bench. Seriously, anywhere.
5) They can not walk a straight line to save their life. For these kids, walking from point A to B involves zigzags, backwards walking and overall wobbliness.
6) Falling down is not uncommon. Even if there is absolutely nothing within 10 feet of them.
7) Severe mood swings occur multiple times a day. One minute your child may be dancing along with Muno and Foofa and the next second he/she is throwing Goldfish and screaming at the residents of Gabbaland.
8) They have a disheveled appearance. Levels of dishevelment may vary greatly from the subtle mismatched outfit to food in their hair and even dried snot all over their face.
9) They can be super touchy feely and disregard personal boundaries. There is often inappropriate boob and butt touching involved. Many times they may force themselves into your lap no matter how many times you say no.
10) They may speak in incomplete sentences, babble about and seem to be talking complete nonsense at times.