Ahhhh, the glorious Fall Season is upon us. I know for most of the world it has been Fall for a while, but when you live in the desert, Fall takes a little longer to make an appearance. I am an Arizona girl, so here Fall is less about the leaves changing color and more about the fact that our temps fall out of the three digit range. Sure, I love summer, but after 3 months of feeling like you live in an oven, sweating through every shirt I wear and having $800 air conditioning bills, I am embracing Fall with open arms. Here is my top 10 Thank God It’s Fall reasons.
1) Closed toes shoes hide the fact that I haven’t had a pedicure in 5 months and my feet look like . It is beyond me how there are still traces of Summer Sunset nail polish on the tips of my toenails from my last visit to the nail salon in May.
2) It’s WAY easier to trick your kids into an earlier bed time when it gets dark at 5:00pm
3) A holiday that revolves around candy AND a holiday that revolves around food. Be still my heart.
4) Pumpkin Spice Latte and Salted Caramel Mocha. Thank you, Starbucks.
5) Being able to reduce your leg shaving sessions to once a
6) A whole new batch of TV shows! Have you seen Nashville?!
7) Four words: No. More. Bathing. Suits. Bring on the sweaters and leggings! Go ahead, say yes to a third slice of pizza, no one will be able to tell!
8) Pumpkin Beer. Pumpkin Seeds. Pumpkin Martinis. Pumpkin Pie.
9) You are now close enough to Christmas that any of your child’s bad behavior can be immediately stopped with one simple statement: “Santa’s Watching”.
10) Football. For ladies who love it: Is there anything better than wings, beer and your favorite team? For Ladies who hate it: Is there any better leverage? Oh honey you want to spend all day in your sweatpants in front of the TV drinking beer and eating greasy food? No problem, just make sure you wash the car/clean the attic/take the kids to the park/pick up the dog poop in the back yard first.