Two awards in one week?! Damn, I’m feeling pretty awesome. I also kind of feel like my husband might be paying people off to give me these blogging awards. I mean, think about it, the more time I spend blogging, the less time I spend nagging him. The more I bitch about things on my blog, the less I bitch about things to him. Hmmm… I think I might be onto something. Regardless of why/how I got this award, I am super excited! I haven’t been blogging for long, so it means a lot to me that someone other than my mom (she is obligated to read it, she gave birth to me) and my husband (I quiz him nightly on what I posted and he knows better than to risk failing that test) actually takes the time to read what I am bitching about on any given day. A special thanks to City Girl Gone Ranch Mama for awarding me with the Fabulous Blog Ribbon, you rock!
Here’s the rules:
1) The glorious day that I managed to get the most handsome, sweetest man in the world to marry me! Some highlights of the day include:
-Me storming out of the salon because the girl made my hair look “like a f*ucking mushroom”.
-My husband making pictures start late because he was having a tantrum about how his tux fit (uhhh, babe it wasn’t the tux’s fault that you chose not to work out before the wedding like you planned).
-Our ceremony starting 45 minutes late and pissing people off.
-My husband crying during his vows and then complaining about how he looked stupid crying for the rest of the night.
After that things got a little fuzzy because the Klonopin I took for my anxiety did not mix so well with champagne:/
2) The moment they pulled Ella out of my belly and confirmed that she was breathing (you can read more about that here).
3) 04/12/11 at 3:45pm when the doctors told us that Ella’s surgery went well and they removed the evil volvulus from her. My baby is one bad ass bitch-she sure as hell wasn’t going to let that .5 pound bowel obstruction mess with her!
4) After I had Ella when I finally got to dye my hair back to its fabulous bottle blonde color. I may have been born brunette, but I am a bottle blonde through and through.
5) Mid June through Mid August, the time of year when I get a break from my husband’s football and basketball obsession. That’s a lie, there’s never a REAL break…my daughter’s first word is going to be “ESPN”.
1) The fact that my husband gets up with the baby 90% of the time and is the in-house diaper changer.
2) Any form of bread and cheese
3) The moments when my daughter cracks herself up for no reason and I realize she’s going to grow up to be REALLY weird. Hey, in my book, weird trumps boring any day.
4) Wine, beer and other libations.
5) Gossip mags. Come on, you know seeing Beyonce’s cellulite makes you feel good about yourself too!
1) Ughhhh migraines.
2) People who think that money and “power” make them important.
3) People who can’t take a joke.
4) Waiting….for anything. Patience is not one of my strong suits.
5) Calories (Who doesn’t hate those pesky little things that make you fat?).
And now for the FABULOUS ladies who I would like to pass this award along to:
Red Vines and Red Wine
You Know it Happens at Your House Too
The Underachiever’s Guide To Being a Domestic Goddess
The Klonopin Chronicles
These are all ridiculously amazing blogs that everyone needs to go check out….right now!