It has been almost 15 months since Ella was born and I still have not lost the last 20 pounds. I’ll be the first to admit, I gave myself free reign to eat whatever I wanted while I was pregnant and exercised probably a total a five times in nine months. Yeah, yeah , I know, a recipe for disaster. BUT, in my defense, I figured that it would be that much easier to lose the baby weight once I started eating right and working out. WRONG!!! Over the last year, I have consistently worked out more than I ever have in my life and have stuck to a (moderately)healthy diet. So, WTF is up with my body?!? How in the world do celebrities do it?? Really, Jessica Alba, breastfeeding alone slimmed you down to a size 0 two months after giving birth?? I call BULLSHIT! I’m SO frustrated that I really just want to succumb to this weight and give up. If I’m going to weight the same whether I eat Big Mac’s or Barley Burgers, why would I continue to choose the healthy option?? I’m pissed of, that is why. I have now entered into a battle with my body and I am determined to be the triumphant party the next time I step onto the scale.
- There are so many types of workout available! Anything from belly dancing to yoga to weight training to strip tease! Since you are at home, you don’t have to worry about looking like an idiot and you can try out new things that you might normally be too intimidated to try at your local gym.
- Libraries carry a huge assortment of exercise DVD’s. If your local library doesn’t have any that interest you it is as easy as a click of a button to request a specific DVD from a different library branch(it usually take about 1-3 days).
- You don’t have to worry about what you look like at all. Want to do your workout in your husband’s sweatpants and an old bikini top and zit cream on your face? Go for it mama, no one will see!
- It’s super convenient, especially for stay at home moms. You don’t really have an excuse not to work out when the timing is so flexible.
- The skinny,tan bitches on the videos are good motivation!
- It can be entertaining for the kids. My daughter cracks up when she sees mommy jumping around and doing different exercises. It takes my focus off of how difficult a particular exercise is if I’m making my daughter laugh while I do it.